Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall Softball

Fall is my favorite season. It always has been. I love pumpkin, apples orchards, cider, fall foliage, sweatshirts with shorts, football, bonfires, birthdays, and probably one of my most favorite activities is fall softball!

I know it's crazy.

I know that fall is football weather but there is just something about a softball game in the fall.

What makes fall softball so special? The rules? The weather? The attitudes?

The league that my husband plays in uses "Texas shoot-out" rules. One pitch. It's like having a full count with no foul balls to give. One pitch-you hit, you walk, you strike out. Foul Ball? You are out. There isn't time to think. There isn't time to question. It is such a fast-paced game that fall leagues schedule doubleheaders. Games last night? 9:20 and 10:10. P.M.

It also seems that there are so many more opportunities for teams to make up lost ground. I think Ryan's team last night may have been down at one point but as quickly as they were losing, they hit a few line drives, back in the game and end with a victory.

Oh, and did I mention the weather? No humidity. No need for sunscreen. Your hats are for blocking the artificial lights not the sunlight. Yes, you run the risk of some nasty weather but God has not brought the rain to Tuesday nights. I am very thankful!

I am hoping that next year I will be able to get in a co-ed league for fall ball but for now I will just enjoy the game.

No comments:



________________
Add this to your site

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed